Thursday 29 December 2016

Trying reselling for myself!

After being inspired by Isabelle and Charlie's vintage reselling success, I was eager to try it for myself. So, I went out into Winton high street in Bournemouth to see what I could find. After browsing through a few charity shops and finding nothing more than old knitted jumpers, worn out slippers and multiple copies of 'Hot Fuzz' on DVD, I started to give up hope. Until I reached The Trussell Trust charity shop. I was sifting through the shirts and went to take one particular one out that I thought looked quite funny, a plain white shirt with a gold sparkly crown on the chest pocket and a printed watch on the right sleeve. I was showing it to my friend who had come shopping with me and he noticed that the writing under the crown said 'Love Moschino'. To my disbelief I checked the labels inside the shirt to discover that I'd found a legitimate Moschino shirt and, after searching online, found that the retail price was £145! (I can't find the original link but click here to see the black version of the shirt on ASOS). The shirt cost me £15 which is really expensive for a charity shop but they must've had an inkling about the true value of the shirt. When I got home I set up my Depop account and with some help from my housemates I listed my first charity shop find. (Check out my account here)



















You won't quite be able to see the caption but it reads: "Love Moschino white shirt. RRP was £145. Grab yourself a bargain. Size L. Fits TTS. In great condition, a harsh 8/10 as there is 1 crystal missing on the watch. However this is not noticibale when worn. Please feel free to make me any offers. #supreme #palace#antisocialsocialclub".

I received my offer for the shirt at £40 but I've decided to hold out to see if I can get more. 




No comments:

Post a Comment